Thursday, May 24, 2007

2006 Aug 12-14, Jarak Island, Malaysia






Well planned trip by my fishing buddies. Got nice booking date with Ah Ho of Bagan Datuk. This is my 5th tip with Ah Ho. Love his GT Chase boat. Very clean, nice toilet, good meal served and Ah Ho treats his customer very professional. 7 of us went, all of them are geologist. Target is jigging for GT at pinnacle area of Pulau Jarak. Jig weight between 60-200gm were used. I brought along my calstar & exp 6500 but just for showing-off only.
Popping activities produced nothing, except once i hooked-up with a sailfish using Surface Bull GT but the treble hook-up is not solid enough. Twice jumped the sailfish said bye-bye to me.
For 3 days & 2 nights i used al-cheapo rod of Eupro (RM130) with Sustain 5000 loaded with fireline 30lb as my main jigging gear.

Many ang-choh caught by jigging especially when using BlueFox Herring 150g blue. Largest GT is only weighted at 6.5kg.

Really enjoy this trip coz accompanied by my fisshing buddied...ahmad riza, ayah wan, jookee, guba, wak & joe.

No comments: